About the laboratory
Frequently searched information
How to prepare for analysis
How are blood tests taken from a vein?
- First, the nurse will prepare the necessary items for the procedure, look at what tests are prescribed, and make sure the patient has arrived on an empty stomach (if tests that require prior preparation are given).
- A bandage will be placed on the hand and the patient will be asked to squeeze the palm slightly to fill the vein from which the test will be taken. This makes it easier and less painful to hit a vein. From now on, the patient keeps his fist clenched.
- The nurse will disinfect the puncture site and insert it into a vein with a sterile injection needle.
- Once the vein is hit, the nurse will loosen the strap and force the patient to relax. At this point, the required number of tubes is filled, depending on the analyzes required. Usually it is one or two tubes.
- When all tubes are filled, the patient will be given cotton wool with a disinfectant solution at the injection site and the needle will be removed.
- The patch will be applied to the cotton wool and you will be asked to keep your finger pressed in place at the injection site for about 5 to 10 minutes.
Read more here >>>
Price list and execution time
Ways of receiving results
Analysis of sexually transmitted infections
METHOD OF DETECTION:
- Detection of infectious agent DNA by real - time polymerase chain reaction.
- Unlike microbiological methods, which are based on the cultivation of a live infectious agent, the initiation of antibacterial therapy does not affect the successful diagnosis of the infection to be treated by PCR. The result is qualitative, "yes, the infection is" (positive) or "no" there is no infection (negative).
- The effectiveness of treatment can be monitored by repeating the test no sooner than 2 weeks after stopping antibacterial therapy.
- To monitor the effectiveness of therapy, it is possible to identify each infectious agent individually and in different combinations.
- The smear is taken by a doctor (urologist, or gynecologist, or general practitioner). A special "brush" or a swab and tube with a special sample storage solution are required to take the smear.
Urine for detection of sexually transmitted infections by PCR:
- Collect the middle portion of the morning urine jet in a special urine container (available at a pharmacy or laboratory). The sample must be delivered to the laboratory within 2 hours, in the case of prolonged storage in the refrigerator (in no case in the freezer). The sample is delivered to the laboratory on the same day.
Read more here >>>
Covid-19 antibody test
Meaning of the test:
- Covid-19 can be asymptomatic;
- If the body is exposed to the virus, it may develop antibodies over time, even if the disease is asymptomatic;
- Detection of antibodies helps to determine if a person has been in contact with Covid 19.
SARS-CoV-2 Antibody tests are a valuable diagnostic component, but cannot be used alone to prove the development of Covid-19. In order to make a reliable diagnosis of the infection, a doctor's consultation is required, who will evaluate the test result, assess the patient's clinical manifestations and refer to additional examinations if necessary.
There are two antibody tests available:
- Anti SARS-CoV-2 IgM / IgG. Qualitative test. Answer the question of whether the body has been exposed to the virus, only in case of a positive result. A negative result does not rule out the possibility of contact, but antibody levels may not be detectable. Test price 6.00EUR.
- Anti Sars-CoV-2 IgG quantitative test. It is designed specifically to control the development of antibodies in the body caused by vaccination. But it can also be used after COVID-19. Test price 11.00EUR
Read more here >>>
About the laboratory and contacts
About the laboratory:
- Our goal is to provide customers with the highest accuracy and availability of results. What sets us apart from other laboratories is the readiness to look for individual solutions to the client's needs.
- The laboratory of SIA Veselības centrs 4 is accredited and the results of its analyzes are internationally recognized.
- The laboratory is modernly equipped and has highly qualified staff who are constantly improving their qualifications.
- In VC4 laboratory it is possible to perform analyzes with referrals from any medical institution and laboratory and according to the client's wishes, according to the price list.
- The laboratory cooperates with the National Health Service - it is possible to perform state-paid analyzes with a doctor's referral. We also cooperate with the most popular insurance companies.
- Health Center 4 (VC4) in Riga, 180A Brivibas Street, parade entrance, 1st floor. Phone: (+371) 67847206
- VC4 in Riga, Kr. Barona Street 117, 3rd floor. Phone: (+371) 67847134