Info for patients
Thank you for choosing Health Center 4 laboratory!
Our qualified nurses will assure that the sample collection is as comfortable as possible for everyone, including children and patients with not easily detectable veins. If you need special assistance or more information, don’t hesitate to contact us!
Sample collection takes place in order of the queue and by appointment. In urgent cases, the more common types of testing can be done in 1-2 hours!
Patients that can be admitted out of turn:
- Patients with urgent testing to be done with a doctor’s note marked URGENT
- Pregnant women
- Patients undergoing a glucose tolerance test
- Infants and children under the age of 3
- Clients who have paid an urgency fee
When attending the sample collection, keep in mind:
- You will need to present a picture ID
- You must have with you a laboratry testing form filled by a doctor
- You can have testing done by your own accord (anonymously as well), then the laboratory testing form is filled by laboratory personel
- The price of the testing includes single-use containers, sample collection, preparation for analysis and storage, transport, database management, receiving the results in print out version or digitally and, if needed, result interpretation from the laboratory doctor about the results
- Blood samples are stored for 5 days in case more testing is required. It provides the opportunity to do supplementary testing if the component is still present in the blood
- In most cases, it is not necessary to abstain from eating before sample collection
- The testing result will contain norms for each testing parameter according to the patient’s age, sex and pregnancy stage (if applicable).
- Laboratory testing results are always to be interpreting together with other patient examination data and this is performed by your doctor.